At B.E.S.T we provide schools with quality teaching assistants for pupils who require extra support within the classroom and during unstructured times. In fact, schools are that impressed with our Teaching Assistants, approximately 40% have been offered long term temporary contracts in the past 6 months.
B.E.S.T is unlike any other supply agency, it is a unique service run by a teacher who has experience of managing teachers and teaching assistants within a local authority education service. Catering for the needs of schools and pupils to ensure a high quality service is at the heart of what we do. One common quality that all schools require is someone who is friendly and confident. Ideally you will be able to work in both mainstream and additional learning needs classes as well as on a one to one basis should the need arise.
Suitable candidates will have the following:
- The ability to support pupils at all Key Stages
- The ability to work closely with the teaching staff and other teaching assistants within the classroom
- The ability to motivate pupil’s to learn through developing a creative and stimulating learning experience under the guidance of the class teacher
- The ability to build a good rapport with pupils
- Two up-to-date referees
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC). If not yet registered, B.E.S.T staff can guide you through the process
- An enhanced DBS with registration through the update service. If not in receipt of a DBS, B.E.S.T staff are able to complete this process with you.
A large number of requests from schools will be for the teaching assistant to have experience or an insight into working with pupils who experience additional learning needs. This could include children who have a diagnosis of:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Dyspraxia (also known as Developmental Coordination Disorder – DCD)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Social and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
What can you expect from Bespoke Education Service Team Ltd?
- A personal service which in most cases will mean dealing with the very hands on Managing Director
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive pay rates
- Holiday pay
- Statutory sick pay
- Training in a variety of education related courses
- Potential long-term roles
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulations
- A respected reputation for supplying quality staff throughout schools.
All suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss the position and invited to interview.